09 November 2011

Christmas is coming...

Today, I went to the mall with Logan. When I walked past one of the shops, I stopped. They were already playing CHRISTMAS CAROLS!! Are you kidding me!! It's not even the middle of November yet.

I really shouldn't talk, I have been Christmas shopping since the snow melted earlier this year. Honestly, I only have a few more gifts to pick up. But I was still shocked to hear the carols. The mall doesn't even have their Santa's Wonderland set up yet. Oh well, can't really stop it from coming. Can we?

Actually, I really like Christmas and the holiday, but I am a firm believer that it's a CHILDREN's holiday. Children should be spoiled, but us adults shouldn't have to stress over it. My kids are pretty easy with the gift giving. The little ones still like anything they can unwrap, it doesn't really matter what it is. Kat on the other hand, is Miss Technology. She loves her electronics. I really can't blame her either, both my husband and I are big techies as well. It just means her gift is usually something pretty extravagant. Since, she doesn't ask for much and she's an awesome kid throughout the year, it's worth it for us to treat her to something awesome once a year.

Since, it's really kicked in that the holidays are fast approaching, I actually need to work on my Christmas dinner menu. *Sigh* What am I going to make? Are we going to get some more renovations done before the holidays? Who knows...time to go searching for more yummy recipe inspirations!

How do you celebrate the holidays? How do you keep calm during the most stressful time of year?

Happy Shopping, Cooking, and keeping calm!! :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;