25 February 2012

Vegan Gluten-Free Tempura Veggies

Today, I had been super lazy and haven't done much of anything today. Then, I got a sudden craving of tempura veggies. Mainly because I had a ton of veggies starting to go bad. :(

I love tempura veggies because they are so simple to make. Today, I used Cauliflower, Sweet Potato, Zucchini, Broccoli and Mushrooms, but you can use just about anything. You need to make a simple batter to thinly coat your choice of vegetable, meat or seafood.


My kids love vegetables, even more so when I lightly fry them up. Although, Logan still prefers raw vegetables. :)

Vegan Gluten-Free Tempura Batter

Ingredients:
1 cup corn flour
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups very cold soda water (or gluten-free beer), more if needed
1 tsp salt

Directions: 
  1. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Add more water if needed, batter should be the same consistency as pancake batter. 
* I deep fried all my veggies in canola oil, over medium high heat until golden brown. :)

Try this super easy recipe and tell me what you think. :)

Happy Cooking!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;