Well, let me tell you how yummy it was. So so...yummy! Alyssa and Logan really enjoyed it. Kat, not so much. She didn't really like the texture of the noodles. Whoever said that Spaghetti Squash tastes just like regular pasta, LIED!! The texture was like tender crisp green beans, so there was still a crunch to the "noodles". I didn't mind it, neither did the little kids. Logan had two bowls of it. :)
|Spaghetti squash after I roasted it in the oven and |
scrapped the flesh.
|Spaghetti squash with tomato "meat" sauce|
Today wasn't just a test of the Spaghetti Squash, I also bought Yves Veggie Cuisine Italian Veggie Ground Round. So tonight's dinner was another Vegan meal, to Kat's disappointment. Although she did really enjoy the tomato "meat" sauce. I can't wait for my pasta addicted husband to try it. I wonder what he is going to say, hopefully he likes it. This is a whole lot cheaper then buying Spelt pasta. (Hopefully, a project for this weekend, vegan gluten-free pasta.)
Oh, when I was removing the seeds of the squash, they really looked like pumpkin seeds. It got me
|Just before I tossed the seeds into the oven|
|Yummy spiced squash seeds|
How to Roast a Spaghetti Squash
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cut squash in half. (This is the hardest part.)
- Place squash on baking sheet cut side down. Roast in preheated for 45 mins.
- Take out of the oven and let squash cool a little. Take fork and run it through the squash. (Watch the strands appear.)
- Place strands in a bowl and drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy with your favourite pasta sauce.
I really really enjoyed this carb-free "spaghetti". I hope you will too. :)
Happy Cooking!! :)