On the Food Network's website, they are advertising the 12 Days of Cookies. I picked a few yummy ones that caught my eye. I'll be making my favourite recipes and posting them soon.
|Vegan Loaded Oatmeal Cookies|
Today, I chose to make Paula's Loaded Oatmeal Cookies, but a vegan version. Turned out amazing! These cookies will definitely be making an appearance in my cookie box this year! For those who will be receiving cookie boxes this year, act surprised!! :)
Paula’s Loaded Oatmeal Cookies (made vegan)
¼ cup margarine; use the hard block margarine, not the stuff in a tub
¼ cup vegetable shortening
½ cup sugar
2 egg replacers
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
¾ cup flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp allspice
1 cup quick oatmeal
½ cup dried cranberries
¾ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together margarine, shortening, and sugar until fluffy. Add egg replacers and vanilla extract, beat until everything is incorporated.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, and all spice, add to creamed mixture. Fold in oatmeal, cranberries, and walnuts. (Note: the mixture will seem dry, but it will be fine.)
- I made ping pong ball sized balls (this made 15 big cookies) and placed them on the cookie sheet, pressing down a little. The cookies do not spread much, so about 1” between each cookie is fine.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, then rotate pan and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool on the baking sheet until cool enough to place on cooling rack to cool completely. You can enjoy as is, or drizzle some melted dark vegan over them to make them even more decadent.
|Yummy, dipped in some Vanilla Almond Milk|
Happy Baking!! :)