31 October 2011

Review: Sweets from the Earth

Ok, get a glass of soy or almond milk ready. I picked up some cookies at Melissa's One Stop Gluten-Free Shop. I had never seen cookies made from cashews before, of course I had to pick it up. These were Gluten-Free Vegan Cashew Cookies made by Sweets from the Earth.


They are soo...good!! I was a little worried. I really wasn't sure what to expect. I have had flourless chocolate cookies from Tre Rose Bakery on Kipling Ave in Rexdale - they have fabulous dessert by the way, just not gluten-free :( - but these were totally different. These cookies are flourless and made from cashews, not just chocolate. I think they taste like nutty melt-in-your-mouth oatmeal cookies. My husband compares them to Chinese Almond Cookies, but not as dry. I think the best part of these cookie are they are made right here in Toronto. They actually have two bakeries: one which is nut-free and the other is gluten-free. If you have a nut allergy or Celiac Disease, you don't have to worry about cross contamination.

My little cookie monster enjoying a cashew cookie.

These are good and very addictive, but for $9.50 a box, it's kind of steep for it to be my everyday cookie. I definitely couldn't afford to pack my snack cabinet with these delicious goodness. Maybe a good treat after a tough week. It would be something else worth looking forward to on Fridays. :)

If you have Celiac Disease, gluten or wheat intolerance, I would highly suggest picking some up. Even if you are Vegan, these cookie will definitely indulge your craving for a good cookie.

Happy Snacking!!  :)

1 comment:

  1. These cookies are great!! I have customers who love them and are neither gluten-free nor vegan ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;