27 October 2011

Review: Forks over Knives

A couple of nights ago I finally got my hands on a copy of Forks over Knives. I heard about this documentary a couple of months ago. It was pretty random, I think it was one of the advertisements on Facebook.

After reading up on the documentary, I HAD to watch it. For a while now, I have been dabbling into Veganism. I love the idea, but it's a huge challenge trying to come with ways to incorporate it in my daily meals and convincing my family to try it.

My husband and I watched it and really enjoyed it. It's definitely eye opening. I made Kat watch it too. Kat found it informative and inspiring. Especially the story about Ruth Heidrich and Evelyn Oswick. These were strong and courageous women who lived and are living due to the Forks over Knives message: Whole Food Plant-based Diet can prevent, and in many cases, reverse degenerative diseases. Although, Kat has been the one who has been most hesitant about changing her eating habits, I told her: We won't be changing over night. We will probably never cut out all meats, but we will be eating a more plant-focused diet. She could live with that. :)

My husband and I both watched this documentary, we both got choked up with some of the stories. The statistics are hard to argue. It's kind of weird, I have always felt like a plant-based diet is beneficial, but not to this extent.

At the end of the movie, my husband and I looked at each other and decided we need a diet change, but baby steps. One thing at a time, one meal at a time. :)

If you have a spare moment, try to watch Forks over Knives. It's so good!

Happy Watching!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;