10 October 2011

Zucchini Apple Pecan Cake

I love zucchinis! They're so yummy! I bake it, roast it, bbq it, stir fry it, and bread it, so I always have lots in my fridge. Since, it's apple season, I have tons in my fridge too. I don't usually have nuts kicking around in my house, but I did make pralines recently. I was craving zucchini cake (or bread) but wanted to change it up a little. I have been working on this recipe for a little while now. I have tried making a vegan, sugar and gluten free version, but haven't had much luck. However, when I used all-purpose flour and sugar, it was great! :)




Ingredients:
3 cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup sugar
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp nutmeg 
1 tsp cinnamon 
1 tsp salt
2¼ cups almond milk
¾ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 cups zucchini; grated and squeezed of excess liquid.
1 cup apple; grated and squeezed of excess liquid.
1 cup chopped pecans 

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line two 5x9 loaf pans with parchment paper, then lightly grease with oil, set aside.
  2. In a large bowl mix together all-purpose flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt, set aside.
  3. In a separate bowl mix together almond milk, oil, vinegar, and vanilla extract. Add to dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in zucchini, apple, and chopped pecans, mix until just incorporated. Do not over mix.
  4. Pour into prepared loaf pans and bake in preheated oven for 60-75 minutes, or until wooden skewer inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on wire rack for 5-10 min, then remove from pan and place on rack to cool completely.
This cake was moist and fluffy. So good and a great subtle change to the regular zucchini bread. Give it a  try and let me know how it turned out. :)

Happy Baking!! :)

2 comments:

  1. This must be wonderfully moist. It sounds delightful. This is my first visit to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. You've created a great spot for your readers to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for stopping by Mary. Yes, this cake is super moist. My kids love it too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;