31 October 2011

Review: Melissa's One Stop Gluten-Free Shop

Today, I made my first trip to Melissa's One Stop Gluten-Free Shop. I have been dying to go since I walked past it some time late May. Yes, it's taken me this long to actually step foot into the store. Every time I take a trip to Downtown Brampton the store is usually closed. If I do get there early, it doesn't open until 11AM. I guess I should pay more attention to their store hours. LOL!



It's a cute little shop with LOTS of goodies for those who have Celiac Disease, gluten or wheat intolerance. The Brampton Gardian had a great article about Melissa's One Stop Gluten-Free Shop. After I read it, it made me want to go even more. Anyone who would work so hard to help their daughter live a healthy and "normal" childhood, is my hero. This store has everything! Gluten-Free pasta, baked goods, bread, baking mixes, cheese, etc. I'm telling you - EVERYTHING!! I was so tempted by the Gluten-Free Vanilla Pudding, maybe next time. :)

We chatted for a little while. The store was pretty quite, but a few people did come in. Owner, Shirley Mercer, was behind the counter. She is a lovely woman and so passionate with what she is doing, educating people about Celiac Disease and offering a "one-stop shop" for those who would have a hard time at a regular grocery store.

I picked up some Udi's Gluten-Free bread (white sandwich and cinnamon rasin), Sweet from the Earth gluten-free cookies, and some Daiya Pepperjack Style Shreds. I have been looking EVERYWHERE for the Pepperjack, and now have finally found it! Yay! Also, I haven't been so excited about bread, since I got a bread machine for Christmas a couple of years ago. :)

I can't wait to try everything! I'm sure it will all be good. I really can't wait to go back to Melissa's One Stop Gluten-Free Shop. There are so many things I wanted to try, especially the Gluten-Free pudding. Mmm...

So if you ever in the Downtown Brampton area, take a gander in the shop. The store is located behind the City Hall at 53 George Street South, Brampton.

Happy Shopping!! :)

2 comments:

  1. It is a pity they closed down. I was so disappointed since in brampton it is hard to find places like Melissas one stop gluten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely agree. There's hasn't been a great health food store with the selection she had. However, I did find a great LARGE shop in Brampton. They have only been since late 2012. You should check it out. Healthy Planet @ West Drive and Queen Street. http://www.healthyplanetcanada.com/

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;