22 October 2011

Pumpkin Caramel Apple French Toast

While on Twitter, I heard of this cute little French Toast Challenge. I happen to LOVE French Toast, actually I love anything to do with breakfast or brunch! This is also my favourite time of year. So why not make a totally yummy French Toast recipe around that. Ever since I saw this challenge, I knew what I was going to make: Pumpkin Caramel Apple French Toast topped off with some Pumpkin Syrup. I was totally drooling at the thought.

Of course I had to challenge myself a little further. I decided to make the syrup and caramel sauce with Coconut Palm Sugar instead of regular sugar, way better for those watching blood sugar. And OH MY GOD! It was so good!!



Pumpkin Caramel Apple French Toast
Ingredients: 
4 eggs
2 tbsp pumpkin pie filling
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
6 slices thick cut bread
2 apples; halved and thinly sliced
1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup milk

Directions: 
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F. 
  2. In a flat bottom shallow bowl, beat together eggs, pumpkin, milk, flour and cinnamon. 
  3. Melt a little butter in a pan over medium heat. While pan is heating up, soak first slice of bread in egg mixture. When pan is ready, fry bread until just golden and place on baking sheet. While the first slice of bread is cooking. soak the next slice, repeat until all slices are fried. Turn off oven and place baking sheet in oven to keep toast warm. 
  4. Take piece of paper towel and clean off pan, increase heat to medium-high, add palm sugar, and water, bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes. Add apples and stir until apples are coated, allow mixture to continue to boil for another few minutes, until the caramel has thickened. Add milk and stir, all to boil for another 2-3 minutes, until it has thickened a little. 
  5. Remove toasts from oven and serve hot topped with caramel apples. To make it even more indulgent, serve with some whipped cream and pumpkin syrup.
Happy Cooking!! :)

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous recipe. My family will love this. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;