03 October 2011

Meal Planning

Although I love to cook, I really hate meal planning. I really REALLY hate meal planning.

Problem is: Not only do I love to cook, I love to eat! I only like to cook what I want to eat. So there is no planning around that. Plus, I cater around my kids and husband too much. Plus, near the end of the week I have to start planning my meals around what is going bad first. So many factors. :(

At least, I know what they like to eat. They have pretty simple tastes. At the same time, Kat's favourite food is sushi. Alyssa and Logan  both love Vietnamese food, especially vermicelli. Garrett loves his comfort food. This is actually his favourite season.

Garrett loves the fall and winter months because he loves Chili, Sheppard's Pie, Beef Stew, etc. You know, all the stuff mom (well, not my mom, seeing that I'm Asian) use to make to warm up the house. I know my mother-in-law did at least. She used to make lots of stews and other hearty meals in the winter. My favourite one she makes is her Lazy Man's Cabbage Rolls (basically cabbage rolls, just not nicely wrapped up). Funny thing, it is my husband's least favourite of his mom's stews. He doesn't like anything that has cabbage as a main ingredient. Needless to say, I never make this at home.


Best part about the Lazy Man's Cabbage Rolls, it was done in the cockpot, so it was ready when you got home from work - Stupid Husband - LOL!

Oh well, I know for one thing I will be making, Sloppy Joes for dinner tonight. I guess we'll just have to see for the rest of the week.

I know every mom in the world has this same planning issues, what's your solution? Is there a solution?

Happy Cooking!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;