23 August 2011

My Birthday Weekend - Sunday

Well, today is actually my birthday. As much as I dread getting older, I love celebrating my birthday. Not every year is great, but today I was adamant about keeping it low key and just enjoying the day.

I didn't do much, but I did ask my kids to do a huge mural for me. Yes, that was fun. I traced the kids bodies and they were to colour themselves in.



This was probably the best birthday present I could had from them. As you can see, Kat was the only one who really understood what to do. The kids enjoyed it. It was great to see them working together.

The best part of the day was dinner. Yes, I cooked my own birthday dinner and made my own birthday cupcakes, but I insisted.

Zucchini wrapped Quinoa topped with
a little tomato sauce
Garden salad


Fall off the bone rib smothered
in my own sauce made
with rib drippings
The whole spread. Including a
Quinoa stuffed Artichoke

Everything was sooo...yummy! I love to cook, but I love to eat more!! Nom, nom, nom!! :)

Then it was on to Cupcakes! Yay!! I made (almost all) Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter and Chocolate Mint Cupcakes. I'm not sure if Reese Peanut Butter Cups and Peppermint Patties are vegan, next time I'll do more research. :) But they were mighty yummy!!

Chocolate Mint Cupcake topped
with Peppermint Patty and a
drizzle of dark chocolate
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake topped
with Reese Peanut Butter Cup and a
drizzle of dark chocolate













This was one of the best weekends we've had in a while. I think everyone had fun! Maybe next year, my birthday will be just as eventful and enjoyable as this one. I love my family and I know they love me, that is the best gift they could ever give me!

Happy Eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;