17 August 2011

My Korean Food Adventure

Today, I woke up and felt kind of blah. You know one of those days that you don't really know what you want to do or accomplish.

As the day went on, I started to get hungry. Hmm...what to have for lunch and dinner tonight? Then it hit me in the stomach! I was craving Korean food. A little while ago I found this wonderful site that had lots of authentic Korean recipes and even videos on how to cook it. Awesome, I know!! :) It is http://www.maangchi.com/. She is delightful to watch and is so adorable.


I have cooked the Japchae many times. I love it with plain white rice. It would have to be my second favourite Korean dish. My first being Galbi which is BBQ Korean Short Beef Ribs. Yum! 

Today, I decided that I would make some Japchae and Zucchini Pancakes with a side of white rice for lunch. Then for dinner Bibimbap with Yangnyeomjang Sauce and more Zucchini Pancakes! Yes, I love Zucchini Pancakes. Actually, I just love Zucchinis. :) 

I choose to use the Yangnyeomjang Sauce because I didn't have any Korean hot chili paste and my family can't handle the spice.


Lunch: Japchae, Zucchini Pancakes and white rice
Dinner: Bibimbap with Yangnyeomjang Sauce
Both recipes can be found on http://www.maangchi.com. I would love to make homemade Kimchi, but I'd be the only one eating it. :( Oh well, there are lots more I can't wait to try, but until then...

Happy Cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;